Blackwood Projects was engaged to undertake remediation and upgrade works to the heritage listed Witton Barracks.
Blackwood Projects was engaged to undertake remediation and upgrade works to the heritage listed Witton Barracks, the works primarily comprised:
- Demolition and strip out of bathrooms, floor coverings and sundry external elements
- Removal of in-ground storage tank
- Removal of graffiti from the heritage brick facade
- Repairs, make good and painting of windows and doors
- Re-roofing and sundry repairs including ridge capping, gutters and downpipes
- Construction of external landscape structures
As works progressed, extensive termite damage was uncovered through the timber portions of the heritage listed structures, as a result Blackwood Projects was retained to carry out the repair of these elements. The work included the careful de-construction of the external VJ cladding to enable replacement of damaged timber frame members, the VJ’s were then replaced, portions of the original VJ’s were retained and reinstated to preserve painted signs on the face of the VJ’s which were of heritage significance. All works were overseen by the Heritage Architect.