Blackwood Projects provides construction, project management and maintenance services. We are committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment. High environmental performance is an ongoing priority to be achieved by adhering to this Environmental Policy. This will be delivered by implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that applies to services provided by its construction activities.
It is the objective of the Company to:
- Continually strive for improvement in the environmental performance of its activities, products and services.
- Comply with environmental legislation and other applicable environmental requirements relevant to its activities and services and regularly evaluate its compliance with such requirements.
- Proactively pursue the minimisation of environmental impacts associated with its activities and services.
- Endeavour to eliminate the production of polluting emissions or discharges into the environment.
- Take proactive measures to protect and preserve wildlife / flora and their natural habitats.
- Set objectives, targets and programmes and review and revise them regularly with the aim of continual improvement in environmental performance.
- These objectives shall be achieved through the development of an environmental management system with the goal of obtaining compliance with ISO 14001:2015. The maintenance and regulation of this system shall be facilitated by:
- Measure our progress to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ongoing training and education in sound environmental practice.
- Work towards registration to ISO 14001:2015.
Blackwood Projects shall participate in open consultation with interested stakeholders and ensure effective communication of this Environmental Policy to all those working for and on behalf of the business.