Blackwood Projects provides construction, project management and maintenance services. At Blackwood Projects we take safety seriously in the way in which we conduct our business, however we recognise that not only do we need to do the right thing, we also need to be seen to be doing the right thing. We recognise that many of our projects are carried out in the public eye and often of significant public interest due to their location and public use, thus increasing the need to ensure that our sites are well managed and maintained to a high standard.
This will be achieved by:
- Engaging all stakeholders to actively create safe environments;
- Valuing leadership, innovation and commitment from all partners in delivering a safe project;
- Recognising that working safely enhances quality, improves productivity and generates value;
- Assisting our team to be empowered to make safe choices about their own and others health and safety, and are encouraged to report any incidents or concerns to management and be proactive in addressing such concerns;
- Committed safe behaviour is admired, respected and recognised;
- Having a well-trained and competent workforce team who actively contribute and participate in the safe planning of their workplace tasks;
- Developing our systems and working towards registration with AS/NZS4801
Continual review and improvement is considered to be the key component to ensuring the Blackwood Projects Health and Safety system is current and effective. To this end, we conduct regular reviews of the sites, ensuring the strategies outlined in our Safety Plan are correctly implemented and maintained, and to also ensure that the sites are presented in a clean, tidy and professional manner.
We take pride in ensuring that everyone returning home safely each day.